In this post, we'll show you how to make Cheese Stuffed Garlic Bread Bites. This easy muffin tin recipe makes the perfect appetizer or side dish for a special meal.
This cheesy appetizer is perfect for a hectic weekday meal because it only takes 5 minutes of prep time and uses only 5 ingredients - Crescent dough, cheese, garlic, butter, and spices!
Read on for my top tips and the printable recipe.
Before starting this recipe, you'll want to verify that you have the following ingredients:
- Crescent Dough - This is sold as an 8-ounce can at the market.
- Cheddar Cheese - You can also substitute with Mozzarella, Jack, or a cheese of your choice. I recommend using cubed cheese from a block or folded up slices. Shredded cheese is not recommended.
- Garlic Powder - You can use fresh garlic if you'd like, but garlic powder is faster and more convenient.
- Butter - The butter gets melted and mixed with the garlic before it's brushed onto the crescent dough.
- Dry Italian Herbs - The Italian herbs tie all the flavors together nicely.
Equipment and Supplies Needed
We used the following equipment and supplies to make this recipe. Items that are optional or can be substituted will be noted.
- Conventional Oven
- Knife for cutting the cheese (no pun intended!)
- 12-count Standard size Muffin Tin
- Non-stick Spray
Here are my tips for ensuring your Cheesy Garlic Bread Bites come out perfectly.
Spray your muffin tin with non-stick spray before adding the dough.
We use cheddar cheese in this recipe, but you can use a different cheese if you prefer. Other cheeses that would work well are Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, or Provolone.
Whatever cheese variety you choose, I recommend that it's from a block or sliced. Pre-shredded cheese is not recommended because it contains an anti-caking agent that causes it to not melt well.
Eat Them While Warm
Like most garlic cheese bread, these bites taste better when eaten warm out of the oven.
Follow the printable recipe below to make these easy Cheese Stuffed Garlic Bread Bites! This recipe makes 8 bites, but you can adjust the recipe card for other serving sizes.
Easiest Cheese Stuffed Garlic Bread Bites
- conventional oven
- 12-count Muffin Tin
- pastry brush
- 8 ounces crescent dough 1 standard-sized can
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Italian dry herbs
- 8 cubes cheddar cheese *You can substitute with your favorite variety
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray the muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Prepare the cheese by cutting it into ½ inch - ¾ inch cubes.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and add the garlic powder and herbs to it. Place it aside for now.
- Open the crescent dough. Unroll it and separate the 8 pre-cut triangles. Place each triangle over an opening in the muffin tin.
- Carefully push down the center of the dough into the muffin tin openings to make a pocket to fit the cheese.
- Insert one cube of cheese into each.
- Take the tips of the triangles and fold them over the cheese to close the dough into balls.
- Brush the tops with the melted butter, herb, and garlic mixture.
- Bake at 375°F on the center oven rack for 12 mins or until golden brown.