I don't know about you, but I love meatballs. And crescent rolls. So why not combine the two to make mini meatball cupcakes? They are like little bites of heaven and they taste absolutely delicious! The best part is that these crescent cupcakes take less than 30 minutes to whip up and can be customized with your favorite flavor of meatballs. It's win-win for everyone!
Why I love these Meatball Bites
Have you ever been stuck on what to make for dinner? I have! While my kids do love meatball subs, they often waste them. One food I do always keep in my fridge are crescent rolls. They are so versatile and can be used in sweet or savory recipes. I enjoy these meatball bites because they are perfect for kids, or entertaining! They have all the goodness of a meatball sub in a mini, easy to eat bite! Plus, they are made in one of my favorite kitchen tools- a mini muffin pan.
How to Make Meatball Crescent Cupcakes
These little meaty bites are so easy to make!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Unwrap the crescent dough sheet and use a pizza or pastry slicer to cut the sheet into 24 mini squares.
2. Spray the muffin tin with nonstick spray and add one dough square to each space.
3. Add one teaspoon of marinara to each dough space.
4. Add one precooked meatball (we love Farmich brand) to each space.
5. Top each meatball with one more teaspoon of marinara sauce.
6. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on each.
7. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until golden-brown and cooked throughout. Cups will have a golden-brown coloring and feel firm to the touch. Top with sprinkling of parsley.
Storing Meatball Cupcakes
Unfortunately, these bites are best eaten when warm, the same day. However, you can store them for up to 24 hours in the fridge. This will change the overall quality of these since the dough will lose its crispness and flavor. Crisping them up in a toaster oven for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit can help restore some of the texture.
You can also freeze these and thaw in the fridge the night before enjoying. For best results, warm these in the toaster oven for 2-3 minutes to crisp them up.
More Muffin Tin Appetizers
Mini Meatball Crescent Cupcakes
- 24-count mini muffin tin
- oven - adjusted to center rack position
- 24 24 meatballs cooked from frozen (or fresh cooked)
- 8 ounces crescent dough sheet
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut stretched crescent dough sheet into 24 squares (4 rows, 6 columns).
- Line dough squares in a mini muffin tin pan.
- Add one teaspoon of sauce to each dough square followed by one thawed meatball.
- Add an additional teaspoon of sauce, and a sprinkling of cheese to each.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until golden-brown and cooked through. Cups will have a golden-brown coloring and feel firm to the touch.
- Top with sprinkling of parsley.